- About Us
- A to Z
- Cross-Registration Contact
- Cross-Registration Information for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
- Questions Frequently Asked by Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
- Cross-Registration Information for Students at ARCHE Institutions Who Wish to Attend Georgia Tech
- Questions Frequently Asked by Students at ARCHE Institutions Who Wish to Attend Georgia Tech
- Cross-Registration Application
- Transient Students
ARCHE Cross-Registration Coordinator
GT ARCHE Cross-Registration Coordinator
Tech Tower (Administration Building)
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0315
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm EST
Eligibility Requirements for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student level
- Good academic standing
- A minimum of 3 billable credit hours is required at Georgia Tech the term of cross registration
- The requested course(s) must not be available at Georgia Tech that semester
- Clear of any holds at the time of application submission
- Pre-registration during Phase I registration is required prior to application submission
Application Deadlines for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
Completed applications must be typed and submitted to the Registrar’s office. Please keep in mind you must submit your application by Georgia Tech’s deadline, which may be before ARCHE deadlines. Deadlines are printed in the Academic Calendar. ARCHE deadlines for application submission are for the cross-registration coordinator to forward all approved cross-registration applications to the host institutions:
Spring 2018 Semester
- November 15, 2017
Summer 2018 Semester
- April 15, 2018
Fall 2018 Semester
- July 15, 2018
Immunization Requirements for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
If you have never attended the following institutions, you are required to submit immunization documents:
- Agnes Scott College
- Oglethorpe University
- Brenau University
- Clayton State University
- University of Georgia
- Georgia State University
- University of West Georgia
- Kennesaw State University
Procedures for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
- Complete the ARCHE Cross-Registration Application, including classes with alternate sections you are requesting ARCHE Cross-Registration Application
- Your academic advisor must approve the application by providing his or her signature on the completed form.
- Submit completed typed and signed form to the Office of the Registrar, Room 104, Tech Tower.
- The Georgia Tech cross-registration coordinator will send email confirmation that the application has his approval and has been sent to the host institution, or he will send email instructions if there are issues that prevent sending the application to the host institution.
- The host institution will notify the student if there is additional documentation required for immunization records and/or lawful presence.
- Once registration holds are clear and the host institution's regular students have been given a chance to register, cross-registration class requests will be accommodated based on seat availability.
- The host institution will email confirmation of registration or explanation why the application has been denied.
- At the end of the semester, an official transcript will automatically be sent to Georgia Tech as long as there are no holds on the student's record at the host institution.
Policies for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
- Student record holds at Georgia Tech or the host institution will delay or prevent completion of the cross-registration process. Applications will be denied if holds have not been removed by the last day of Phase I registration for the semester/term.
- Cross-registration participants are not allowed to pre-register at the host school. Course availability is granted on a space available basis. Applicants should have an alternative course of action in the event that the cross-registration application is denied. Confirmation of acceptance and registration, or denial, will be emailed to the applicant.
- Georgia Tech students who cross-register with other ARCHE institutions will have a placeholder course added to their Georgia Tech schedules designating their enrollment. The placeholder course will carry an Audit grade mode and will be registered for tuition and, fee assessment, and other departmental use.
- Tuition and mandatory student fees are paid directly to Georgia Tech. Additional course /lab fees, parking, and voluntary expenses are paid to the host institution.
- Participants must abide by the drop/add and withdrawal deadlines assigned by both Georgia Tech and the host institution.
- Cross-registration course work will be handled as transfer credit and will not impact the Georgia Tech grade point average (GPA).
- Course work completed through cross-registration will be considered resident credit for the purpose of satisfying the 36 hour residency rule.
- Credit for course work completed through cross-registration will be evaluated based on Georgia Tech’s transfer equivalency table and published standard transfer policies. Please review Georgia Tech's equivalency table for pre-approved classes. Transfer Equivalency Tables
- If courses are not pre-approved, it is the student's responsibility to request an evaluation from the appropriate department. Documentation for evaluation of cross-registered course work may be submitted through the Transfer Credit website. Transfer Credit
- Graduate level courses are typically not listed in Georgia Tech's equivalency table. Information regarding graduate students seeking transfer credit can be found in the Georgia Tech Catalog.
- For further assistance with transfer credit, please contact the Georgia Tech Transfer Credit department.
Forms for Georgia Tech Students Attending Other ARCHE Institutions
The ARCHE cross-registration application must be completed and submitted to the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office for each semester a student would like to take classes at a participating host institution. Cross-Registration Application
For any Georgia Tech student who would like to cross-register at Emory, the cover sheet below must be signed, dated, and included with the cross-registration application submitted to the Registrar's Office. Please be aware that Emory does not participate in cross-registration during the summer semesters. Emory Cross-Registration Cover Sheet
- There are only two spaces available for class requests and alternates on the application, but I would like to request more than one section of a class or more than two different types of classes. How do I make that request on the application?
- I'm requesting a class I have to have to graduate that same semester. How can I ensure I'll be registered?
- What is the difference between ARCHE cross-registration and being a transient student?
- Can I participate in ARCHE cross-registration and not attend Georgia Tech at the same time?
- Can I register at multiple ARCHE schools during the semester?
- How many classes can I take?
- Can I use ARCHE cross-registration to do study abroad with another school?
- Do the classes I take at an ARCHE partner school count towards enrolled hours at Georgia Tech?
- Do the classes I take at an ARCHE partner school count towards my Georgia Tech GPA?
- How will I know what credit will be given for my class?
- "Appropriate dept must evaluate" is listed as a transfer equivalency for coursework I have taken/plan to take through ARCHE. How do I have the credit evaluated?
1. There are only two spaces available for class requests and alternates on the application, but I would like to request more than one section of a class or more than two different types of classes. How do I make that request on the application?
You can either write further instruction on the back of the application or provide an additional sheet detailing your request. The cross-registration coordinators will take those into consideration when trying to register you. Please remember that student can only take up to two (2) classes at the visiting school per semester.
2. I'm requesting a class I have to have to graduate that same semester. How can I ensure I'll be registered?
Through cross-registration, there are no guarantees that you will be registered for the class you are requesting. You must always have an alternate plan should your application be denied.
3. What is the difference between ARCHE cross-registration and being a transient student?
ARCHE cross-registration students are able to take classes at partnering ARCHE schools as guest students. The credit that is transferred back will count as Georgia Tech resident credit, and the tuition/mandatory student fees are all paid to Georgia Tech. A transient student goes through the formal admission process through the visiting school. All tuition/mandatory fees are paid directly to the visiting school, and the transfer credit that is completed will be transferred as non-resident transfer credit. For undergraduate student, non-resident transfer credit is subject to the 36-hour rule. Catalog: Rules and Regulations XIII
4. Can I participate in ARCHE cross-registration and not attend Georgia Tech at the same time?
No, you must be enrolled at least three (3) billable credit hours at Georgia Tech while participating in the ARCHE Cross Registration program.
5. Can I register at multiple ARCHE schools during the semester?
Students may submit multiple applications, however, registration will only be allowed at one participating school.
6. How many classes can I take?
Students are permitted to take two (2) classes or 6 credit hours at the visiting school per semester. Undergraduate students may not exceed a total of 18 attempted hours of ARCHE participation.
7. Can I use ARCHE cross-registration to do study abroad with another school?
No, you cannot study abroad through ARCHE cross-registration because you would also be registered and enrolled for classes at Georgia Tech Atlanta.
8. Do the classes I take at an ARCHE partner school count towards enrolled hours at Georgia Tech?
Yes, placeholder hours are put on your GT schedule to match the number of hours enrolled at the host institution.
9. Do the classes I take at an ARCHE partner school count towards my Georgia Tech GPA?
No, credits earned through ARCHE cross registration are not factored in the calculation of your Georgia Tech GPA.
10. How will I know what credit will be given for my class?
Undergraduate students can review the transfer equivalency tables for course evaluations. Many, but not all, graduate-level courses are listed. Graduate students should consult their academic advisor for cross-registration course applicability. Transfer Equivalency Tables
11. "Appropriate dept must evaluate" is listed as a transfer equivalency for coursework I have taken/plan to take through ARCHE. How do I have the credit evaluated?
If courses are not pre-approved, it is the student's responsibility to request the appropriate department evaluate the credit. Please consult with your academic advisor for assistance.
Deadlines for Students at ARCHE Institutions Who Wish to Attend Georgia Tech
Students who are enrolled in other ARCHE institutions and who wish to attend Georgia Tech as a part of the ARCHE program msut contact the ARCHE Cross-Registration Coordinator or Registrar's Office at their school for deadlines and application procedures.ARCHE Cross-Registration Coordinators
All cross-registration applications must be received at Georgia Tech by the following deadlines:
- November 15, 2018
- April 15, 2019
- July 15, 2019
Procedures for Students at ARCHE Institutions Who Wish to Attend Georgia Tech
- Once Georgia Tech has an approved cross-registration application from one of the ARCHE partnering schools, the student should receive an e-mail confirming receipt and providing instructions if further documentation, such as immunization records, is needed.
- Georgia Tech's cross-registration coordinator will begin registering visiting students after Phase I registration for the term has finished. Dates for Phase I registration are available on the academic calendar. The last day a student can be registered is the last day of Phase II registration as published in the academic calendar. Academic Calendar
- A confirmation letter will be sent to the student via email with details of registration or explanation why a class request could not be fulfilled.
- A waiver will be applied to the visiting student's tuition/mandatory fee balance since tuition/mandatory fees are paid to the home institution.
- At the end of the semester, an official transcript will automatically be sent back to the student's home institution.
Policies for Students at ARCHE Institutions Who Wish to Attend Georgia Tech
- Students may enroll in no more than 6 credit hours, or two courses, per semester at any host institution.
- Undergraduate students may not exceed a cumulative cross registration course load of 18 semester hours during their undergraduate experience.
- The student must meet all prerequisites for the cross registered course, as defined by the host institution.
- ARCHE members have the local authority to deny cross-registration in courses that are heavily enrolled or where prerequisites are not met. In some instances, the ARCHE member institution may determine that no cross-registration will be allowed in certain courses.
- It is the visiting student's responsibility to submit immunization records to Georgia Tech Health Services if it is his/her first semester cross-registering. Georgia Tech Health Services
Do not submit your immunization records to the Registrar's Office or to the cross registration coordinator
at Georgia Tech. Your records must be uploaded through the immunization online portal. The cross registration
coordinator will send you instructions via email once your application has been received.
- For further assistance regarding immunization records and requirements, please review the information provided on the Georgia Tech Health Services site. Georgia Tech Health Services
- Incoming visiting students are not permitted to participate in distant learning courses. All cross registration courses must be taken on Georgia Tech's campus.
- Alternate classes not listed on the application may be requested by submitting a new cross-registration application with all signatures of approval. New applications will only be accepted by the ARCHE Cross-Registration application deadline. Academic Calendar
- Students are not allowed to pre-register. ARCHE cross-registration is on a space availability basis only, and each applicant should have alternate plans should registration for the semester be denied. Confirmation of registration will be sent via email.
- While tuition/mandatory student fees are paid to the home institution, individual course/material fees, parking, etc. are paid directly to Georgia Tech.
- Each school's academic calendar is different. Georgia Tech cannot guarantee it will have your transcript arrive at your home institution by their academic deadlines, especially if this is your last semester before graduating or if you need the grade for financial aid purposes.
Forms for Students at ARCHE Institutions Who Wish to Attend Georgia Tech
The ARCHE cross-registration application must be completed and submitted to your home institution's Cross-Registration Coordinator. Cross-Registration Application
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia requires all students to submit immunization records prior to registration for classes. Please visit www. health.gatech.edu and click on "Immunization Requirements" and follow the step by step instructions on submitting the correct immunization forms. It is very important to upload the immunization documents as instructed. This will expedite the processing of your immunization forms. If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact Stamps Health Services at Georgia Tech at 404-894-1432. Once Georgia Tech has your application, you will be emailed a confirmation email with your GTID number and instructions to submit your immunization records. The forms below must have your GTID number at the top of each page. Please wait for the cross-registration coordinator to contact you via email prior to submitting your documents. Immunization Requirements Immunization Forms
- How do I know if my application has been received at Georgia Tech?
- How do I know Georgia Tech has received my immunization records?
- Can I email my immunization records to the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office or drop them off in person?
- I have already submitted my immunization records, why haven't all my immunization requirements been marked as fulfilled when I check my status online?
- How do I know if I have been registered for the class(es) I requested?
- Am I able to use the CRC at Georgia Tech?
- I am a cross-town ROTC student, how can I access the CRC or gain special access to my building?
- How do I set up parking at Georgia Tech?
- How do I get the credit I received at Georgia Tech back to my home institution?
1. How do I know if my application has been received at Georgia Tech?
The Georgia Tech cross-registration coordinator will send you a confirmation email that your application has been received.
2. How do I know Georgia Tech has received my immunization records?
In the confirmation email you received from Georgia Tech's cross-registration coordinator, there are instructions for setting up your GT account. By creating your GT account, you can use that log-in information here, to verify that all components of your immunization records have been received and fulfill each specific requirement.
3. Can I email my immunization records to the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office or drop them off in person?
All immunization records must be faxed directly to Health Services at 404-385-0329 with your GT ID number at the top of each page.
4. I have already submitted my immunization records, why haven't all my immunization requirements been marked as fulfilled when I check my status online?
You will need to contact Health Services directly at 404-894-1432. They will be able to give you information why your immunization documentation has not been accepted to fulfill a specific immunization requirement.
5. How do I know if I have been registered for the class(es) I requested?
The Georgia Tech cross-registration coordinator will send you a confirmation email with a letter attached to it. The letter details your registration at Georgia Tech and provides additional instruction for attending Georgia Tech that semester.
6. Am I able to use the CRC at Georgia Tech?
Unless the use of the CRC is required for the ROTC programs here at Georgia Tech, you do not have access to this facility since the fee to use this facility is waived.
7. I am a cross-town ROTC student, how can I access the CRC or gain special access to my building?
You will need to contact your ROTC department. ROTC will set up access to their buildings as well as access to the CRC.
8. How do I set up parking at Georgia Tech?
Parking and transportation information can be found at Parking & Transportation Services site. All parking fees are to be paid to Georgia Tech directly, not through your home institution. Parking & Transportation Services
9. How do I get the credit I received at Georgia Tech back to my home institution?
Georgia Tech will automatically forward your official transcript at the end of the semester back to your cross-registration coordinator at your home institution. For further information with regards to how Georgia Tech credit will appear on your transcript, you will need to speak with your cross-registration coordinator.
Students may choose to be a transient student if the school is not an ARCHE participating institution, or if they only wish to be registered at the visiting institution. ARCHE cross-registration is not the same process for cross-enrollment as being a regular transient student. Credit earned as a transient student is not considered resident credit, and all tuition and fees are paid directly to the visiting institution.Transient Letters