Georgia Tech is committed to student retention, and the successful completion of courses is crucial to this effort. Satisfying pre-requisite requirements greatly enhances the likelihood of passing courses, particularly those in the upper division.
- The pre-requisites that are being electronically enforced through the registration system will be listed in the Schedule of Classes.
- Student who attempt to register for a course and fails to meet the pre-requisites will have an error message appear on the add/drop registration page, and the course will not be added to the student's schedule.
- If a student believes that they have the knowledge to pass the course, without having had the pre-requisites, should contact the department teaching the course and request a pre-requisite permit.
- Pre-requisites are electronically checked through the registration system for undergraduate courses only.
- Pre-requisites are not electronically checked through the registration system for graduate level courses (6000 and above). However, the pre-requisites for those courses are listed in the Catalog.
- Graduate students that attempt to register for an undergraduate course and receive a pre-requisite error message should contact the department teaching the course to request a pre-requisite permit.