Students who are enrolled in other ARCHE institutions and who wish to attend Georgia Tech as a part of the ARCHE program msut contact the ARCHE Cross-Registration Coordinator or Registrar's Office at their school for deadlines and application procedures.ARCHE Cross-Registration Coordinators
All cross-registration applications must be received at Georgia Tech by the following deadlines:
- November 15, 2018
- April 15, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- Once Georgia Tech has an approved cross-registration application from one of the ARCHE partnering schools, the student should receive an e-mail confirming receipt and providing instructions if further documentation, such as immunization records, is needed.
- Georgia Tech's cross-registration coordinator will begin registering visiting students after Phase I registration for the term has finished. Dates for Phase I registration are available on the academic calendar. The last day a student can be registered is the last day of Phase II registration as published in the academic calendar. Academic Calendar
- A confirmation letter will be sent to the student via email with details of registration or explanation why a class request could not be fulfilled.
- A waiver will be applied to the visiting student's tuition/mandatory fee balance since tuition/mandatory fees are paid to the home institution.
- At the end of the semester, an official transcript will automatically be sent back to the student's home institution.
- Students may enroll in no more than 6 credit hours, or two courses, per semester at any host institution.
- Undergraduate students may not exceed a cumulative cross registration course load of 18 semester hours during their undergraduate experience.
- The student must meet all prerequisites for the cross registered course, as defined by the host institution.
- ARCHE members have the local authority to deny cross-registration in courses that are heavily enrolled or where prerequisites are not met. In some instances, the ARCHE member institution may determine that no cross-registration will be allowed in certain courses.
- It is the visiting student's responsibility to submit immunization records to Georgia Tech Health Services if it is the student's first semester cross-registering. Georgia Tech Health Services
Do not submit your immunization records to the Registrar's Office or to the cross registration coordinator
at Georgia Tech. Your records must be uploaded through the immunization online portal. The cross registration
coordinator will send you instructions via email once your application has been received.
- For further assistance regarding immunization records and requirements, please review the information provided on the Georgia Tech Health Services site. Georgia Tech Health Services
- Incoming visiting students are not permitted to participate in distant learning courses. All cross registration courses must be taken on Georgia Tech's campus.
- Alternate classes not listed on the application may be requested by submitting a new cross-registration application with all signatures of approval. New applications will only be accepted by the ARCHE Cross-Registration application deadline. Academic Calendar
- Students are not allowed to pre-register. ARCHE cross-registration is on a space availability basis only, and each applicant should have alternate plans should registration for the semester be denied. Confirmation of registration will be sent via email.
- While tuition/mandatory student fees are paid to the home institution, individual course/material fees, parking, etc. are paid directly to Georgia Tech.
- Each school's academic calendar is different. Georgia Tech cannot guarantee it will have your transcript arrive at your home institution by their academic deadlines, especially if this is your last semester before graduating or if you need the grade for financial aid purposes.