"Rules and Regulations, Section X" in the Catalog sets forth the policies for grade modes, such as the "Pass/Fail" grading option.
Grade Modes and Variable Hours
Grade mode changes are allowed online during the Registration Period. After the Registration Period ends, the following form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar. More information about grade modes is available through the link below.
Grade Mode Form is now in DocuSign. Please use this form in DocuSign.
Complete the document with all required information:
- Your proposed major advisor or department (Primary Major Advisor/Department) must approve the document first.
- Search the DocuSign Address Book (gray icon in recipient field) to find the correct @gatech.edu format email addresses for the intended recipients.
- After adding the appropriate DocuSign recipients, click SEND. You are the first recipient and can work within your DocuSign account or you can use the emailed document link to add information to the document.
- Complete the form with the required information for the degree, department, sign the form and select FINISH. This will automatically route the form to your current major advisor/department coordinator you listed to sign.
- In your DocuSign account, you can follow the forms process through signatures and if necessary correct recipients or void the signing transaction at a later date.
- Please allow 3 to 5 business days to see the requested change on your student record after all signatures are completed.
- If you have questions regarding this form, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Some courses are offered for a range of credit hours. (For example, ME 9000 is offered for 1-21 hours.) When a student registers for a course the number of credit hours defaults to 1. It is the students responsibility to adjust the number of credit hours on their schedule. To determine the available credit hour range for a variable hour course please refer to the Schedule of Classes.
How do I change the number of hours for a variable hour course?
- Log into BuzzPort
- On the Home tab locate the "Registration and Student Services" channel
- Select the "Registration - OSCAR" link
- Select "Student Services & Financial Aid"
- Select "Register for Classes"
- Select "Add/Drop Classes"
- Select "Term the correct term"
- Add the necessary course.
- Select "Schedule and Options"
- Courses with variable-credit hours will display an underlined number in the "Hours" Column
- Click on the underlined number of the course to update
- Enter the desired number of hours