- About Us
- A to Z
In order to graduate from Georgia Tech, students must first submit an Online Application for Graduation (OAG). The graduation application windows for Summer, Fall and Spring are listed on the Academic Calendar.
In the graduation application, students will be asked to confirm how they would like their name printed on the diploma and to which address the diploma(s) should be mailed. If a student needs to officially change his or her legal name with Georgia Tech, a Name Change Form needs to be submitted (prior to graduation) to the Office of the Registrar along with required documentation.
It is the student’s responsibility to apply for graduation and to ensure that the correct address is on file with the Office of the Registrar. Diplomas are typically mailed within 8 weeks after the official graduation date. Students will receive email conformation with tracking when the diploma is mailed.
Georgia Tech only issues one size diploma for all majors and levels. The size is 17 inches by 14 inches, and the information printed on the diploma is summarized below:
- Undergraduates students.
- Your degree, institute honors, Co-op (if applicable), International Plan (if applicable) and graduation date will be reflected on the diploma.
- If you complete requirements and petition to graduate for multiple degrees within the same term, then you will receive a diploma for each.
- Master's degree students.
- Your degree and graduation date will be reflected on the diploma.
- If you complete the requirements and petition to graduate for multiple degrees within the same term, you will receive a diploma for each.
- Doctoral degree students.
- The degree of “Doctor of Philosophy” and graduation date will be reflected on the diploma.
- Due to Covid-19 Doctoral degree candidates attending a Commencement ceremony will not receive their diplomas at the ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed 6 to 8 weeks after the ceremony.
If you have an outstanding debt with Georgia Tech, the Registrar’s Office will not mail your diploma until that debt has been satisfied.
There is no-charge for the original diploma. Original diplomas Alumni may request replacement diplomas for $100.00 each. Duplicate diplomas shall carry all information contained on the original. The signatories will be the current President, Registrar and Chancellor of the University System of Georgia. Alumni requesting a duplicate diploma will be subject to the current fee for such diplomas.
Unclaimed, undeliverable or withheld diplomas are retained in the Registrar's Office for a period of 30 days after which time they are destroyed. Alumni wishing to replace an unclaimed, undeliverable or destroyed diploma must purchase a duplicate diploma.
Georgia Tech has authorized Parchment Exchange to act as its agent for all replacement diploma requests. Parchment is Georgia Tech’s authorized diploma printing company.
- Replacement Diploma Fee: $100.00 per copy.
- Diplomas requests will not be processed until payment has been completed.
- Diplomas will not be released for students who have a financial obligation to the institute.
- Replacement diplomas shall carry all information contained on the original.
- U.S. Addresses Only: Once your diploma is ready for shipping, an email confirmation with USPS tracking number will be sent to your email address. USPS delivery tracking is not an option for international addresses.
- Returned diplomas will be held for 30 days from process date.
- Georgia Tech cannot accept responsibility for delivery of diplomas once they have been mailed.
- The signatories will be the current President, Registrar and Chancellor of the University System of Georgia.
- Georgia Tech only issues a one size diploma for all majors and levels. The size of the diploma is 17 inches by 14 inches.
- Eletronic diplomas are emailed directly to the requestor once the diploma ships.
- Diploma orders are placed on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- If a student needs to officially change his or her legal name with Georgia Tech, a Name Change Form needs to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar along with the required documentation prior to placing the order.
Current, or former Georgia Tech students may order transcripts via the web. Students may request a transcript be downloadable (PDF), mailed, or picked up (photo ID required for pick-up in the Office of the Registrar, Room 104 of the Administration Building, Tech Tower). Web ordered transcripts being held for pick-up are usually ready after 2:00pm the next business day.
Go to https://registrar.gatech.edu/parchment to order a diploma.
Once your order has been placed, you will receive email notifications from Parchment Exchange updating you of the status of your order. If you experience any problems, please contact the Georgia Tech Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter a log-in error when attempting to access Parchment Exchange, please follow these alternate instructions.
Do you have questions about certifying your diploma or official paper transcript for the Apostille or Great Seal?
Official documents issued in one country and intended to be used in another country must be authenticated in order to be recognized as valid in the foreign country. If the foreign country is a member of The Hague Convention, an Apostille is required. If the foreign country is not a member of The Hague Convention, the Great Seal is normally required.
For a list of countries that are participants in the Hague Convention:Hague Apostille Country List
If you are returning home to a foreign country or have accepted employment in a foreign country, you may need to have your diploma, official transcript and/or Certification of Degree legalized by either an Apostille or the Great Seal. Most foreign countries require the diploma versus your transcript. Be sure to find out which document is required. If at all possible, obtain the required documentation prior to leaving Georgia. The process will be more cumbersome if you are not physically in Georgia or do not have a relative or friend in Georgia who can assist with the process. If a family member or friend will be assisting with this process, you must provide them with a signed letter from you authorizing them to do so.
Official Paper Transcripts:
- Ordering instructions: Transcripts
- Special Instructions: Apostille/Great Seal
- $7 per paper copy
- If you have active log-in credentials, go to
- Under Registration and Student Services click the button to Order Transcripts.
- If your log-in credentials are unknown, inactive, or expired go to PassPort to renew them.
- Once you have renewed your log-in credentials, enter Buzzport to order transcripts.
For assistance with unknown or expired log-in credentials, contact the OIT Technology Support Center at 404-894-7173 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EDT).
If you need an Apostille (the intended foreign country is a member of The Hague Convention), you will then obtain this from the Georgia Superior Court Clerks’ Cooperative Authority. Carefully review the information on the web site and follow their instructions:General Apostille Information
The Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Coooperative Authority (GSCCCA) pre-payment voucher system allows for payment with a company or personal credit card for apostille or domestic notary certification when mailing documents to our office or when having a third party hand-deliver documents.Authentication Pre-Payment Voucher System
If you need the Great Seal, you will then obtain this from the Elections Division of the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office. Carefully review the information on Secretary of State's web site.
Authentication for Great Seal