Certifying Your Georgia Tech Transcript and Diploma

Do you have questions about certifying your diploma or official paper transcript for the Apostille or Great Seal?

Official documents issued in one country and intended to be used in another country must be authenticated in order to be recognized as valid in the foreign country. If the foreign country is a member of The Hague Convention, an Apostille is required. If the foreign country is not a member of The Hague Convention, the Great Seal is normally required.

For a list of countries that are participants in the Hague Convention:

Hague Apostille Country List

If you are returning home to a foreign country or have accepted employment in a foreign country, you may need to have your diploma, official transcript and/or Certification of Degree legalized by either an Apostille or the Great Seal. Most foreign countries require the diploma versus your transcript. Be sure to find out which document is required. If at all possible, obtain the required documentation prior to leaving Georgia. The process will be more cumbersome if you are not physically in Georgia or do not have a relative or friend in Georgia who can assist with the process. If a family member or friend will be assisting with this process, you must provide them with a signed letter from you authorizing them to do so.

Official Paper Transcripts:

  • Ordering instructions:
  • Special Instructions: Apostille/Great Seal
  • $7 per paper copy


  • If you have active log-in credentials, go to BuzzPort.
    • Under Registration and Student Services click the button to Order Transcripts.
  • If your log-in credentials are unknown, inactive, or expired go to Passport to renew them.
    • Once you have renewed your log-in credentials, enter BuzzPort to order transcripts.

For assistance with unknown or expired log-in credentials, contact the OIT Technology Support Center at 404-894-7173 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EDT).

If you need an Apostille (the intended foreign country is a member of The Hague Convention), you will then obtain this from the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority. Carefully review the information on the web site and follow their instructions:

General Apostille Information

The Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA) pre-payment voucher system allows for payment with a company or personal credit card for apostille or domestic notary certification when mailing documents to our office or when having a third party hand-deliver documents.

Authentication Pre-Payment Voucher System

If you need the Great Seal, you will then obtain this from the Elections Division of the Georgia Secretary of State's Office. Carefully review the information on Secretary of State's web site.

Authentication for Great Seal