During the Spring, Summer, Fall 2020, Spring, & Summer 2021 terms, institutions around the country continued their course offerings in online format out of necessity. Therefore, we will accept courses for transfer credit that were completed in online format taken in the Spring, Summer, Fall 2020, Spring, & Summer 2021 term. The actual dates may vary since some institutions are on semesters and some on quarters, and their calendars vary in other ways. For future terms, Fall 2021 & Spring 2022, if the courses are only offered at your school in an online mode, we will consider the course for credit as if taken on-campus. If the course is not listed on the transfer equivalency site, the course must be submitted for review to Transfer Credit site. This is a temporary suspension of our policy that places some restrictions around online courses and transfer credit.
- Only official transcripts from other schools may be used to evaluate and/or award credit.
- New students must request that an official transcript from all previously attended colleges be sent electronically or mailed to the Admissions Office. E-Transcripts are perferred, please follow instructions: https://admission.gatech.edu/apply/documentsGeorgia Institute of Technology
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Atlanta GA, 30332-0320
- Current or previously enrolled Georgia Tech students must have an official college transcript from each previous institution is required for application review. Send transcripts electronically from the University Registrar through an approved service (e.g. Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, SCOIR, etc.). Select "Georgia Tech" or "Georgia Institute of Technology" as the recipient of the document. If an email address is required for electronic submission, use email@example.com:
- If electronic delivery is not available, please mail the transcript to our office.
- New students must request that an official transcript from all previously attended colleges be sent electronically or mailed to the Admissions Office. E-Transcripts are perferred, please follow instructions: https://admission.gatech.edu/apply/documents
Georgia Institute of Technology
Office of the Registrar
Atlanta GA, 30332-0315.
- The basic policy regarding the acceptance of the courses by transfer is to allow credit for courses completed with satisfactory grades (C or better) in other accredited colleges provided the courses correspond in time and content to courses offered at the Georgia Institute of Technology. For courses taken pass/fail at other institutions, our assumption in awarding credit is that a Pass is equivalent to a C. Georgia Tech assumes responsibility for the academic quality of any work or credit recorded on the institution's transcript. Transfer credits will be accepted from newly-formed institutions of the University System of Georgia prior to accreditation.
- Georgia Tech will not award credit for courses successfully completed at another institution which were previously taken at Georgia Tech.
- A petition to the faculty must be approved to use course work more than ten years old.
- Georgia Tech reserves the right to test the proficiency of any student in course work transferred from other institutions and to disallow credit in courses in which the student cannot demonstrate acceptable proficiency.
- Georgia Tech does not grant credit for the College Level General Educational Development Tests, CLEP, USAFI courses, or courses completed at any United States armed services, with the exception of the military academies and schools with full accreditation.
- Georgia Tech does not grant credit for professional certificate programs.
- The following items are among other circumstances in which non-resident credit is not granted:
- Courses previously completed at Georgia Tech.
- College courses taken to meet freshman admissions requirements.
- Remedial courses.
- Courses basically secondary school or pre-college level.
- Courses with essentially non-academic content.
- Vocational courses.
- Learning support courses.
- Non-resident credit is not computed as a part of the student's grade point average at Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech transfers credits, not grades. Grades for courses completed at other institutions are not calculated into the Georgia Tech GPA.
Official policies regarding transfer credit are published in the Catalog.