In order to receive transfer credit for a course, you must submit an official transcript to the Transfer Credit Office at the following address:
Office of the Registrar
Atlanta GA, 30332-0315.
Once the transcript is received, it is evaluated, and the awarded credit is posted to the student's academic record. That credit may be viewed immediately on the student's BuzzPort account by following the directions below. Please review your account to verify that the credit has been awarded before requesting a duplicate transcript.
Viewing Transfer Credit
Students follow the steps below to view their transfer credit in the BuzzPort portal.
- Log into Buzzport
- On the Home tab locate the "Registration and Student Services" channel
- Select the "Registration" link
- Select "Student Services & Financial Aid"
- Select "Student Records"
- Select "Transfer Credit"
Transfer Credit for Online Courses
Currently, on-line versions of all Lab Science courses, International Affairs, Psychology, Economics and courses equivalent to HIST 2111 and HIST 2112 are not eligible for transfer credit consideration. In most cases mathematics are not eligible for consideration unless sufficient documentation is provided to show the course exams are proctored. If you are interested in taking the on-line versions of mathematics courses that meet this requirement, or have questions regarding this policy, please email the Registrar's Office for more information.
New Student Transfer Credit Information
Once an official transcript is received, it is evaluated, and the awarded credit is posted to the student's academic record. That credit may be viewed immediately after it is processed. Please review your account to verify that the credit has been awarded before requesting a duplicate transcript. To view your Tentative Evaluation of College Transfer Credit please follow the "Viewing Transfer Credit" directions above.
Courses will appear in the Transfer Credit Equivalency Tables after they have been evaluated. Please check this table to see if your courses have been evaluated. If you see "Approp Dept Must Evaluate" it will be your responsibility to have the course evaluated by the appropriate department. In order to assure a successful transition to Georgia Tech, you will need to follow the important listed below.
- If you are missing classes from your initial transfer credit evaluation, please first verify receipt of all official transcripts online in BuzzPort. If receipt of official transcripts has been confirmed and courses are missing, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- If any courses on your evaluation are listed as "Approp Department Must Evaluate," you will need to "Apply For Transfer Credit" and forward the information to the appropriate department(s). It is your responsibility to have your transfer work evaluated prior to registration for the term in which you are enrolling. Your courses for evaluation may be pre-requisites for Georgia Tech courses. Failure to have coursework evaluated in a timely manner may result in registration restrictions due to your lack of pre-requisites.
- If you are a newly admitted student and are currently enrolled in classes at another School, please have your institution forward a final official transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admission after all grades are posted. If you need transfer credit processed when you attend FASET advising, please bring an unopened, official transcript to the Registrar table. If you will need to request permits for registration from the departments because you are currently enrolled in classes, you may bring a copy of your current schedule. Additional information about advising and registration can be found at the FASET web site.
- Courses transferred by the Institute are subject to approval by your major.
- Georgia Institute of Technology only accepts Chinese transfer credit from partner institutions. To view this list visit the OIE website. Credit will not be evaluated or granted for any Chinese institution not on this list.
Non-GT sponsored Study Abroad Credit & International Credit
Before your studying outside of the United States, you should verify that course work will transfer to Georgia Institute of Technology. Please refer to the Transfer Equivalency Catalog. If the international institution and/or course is not listed you will be required to submit a comprehensive course-by-course assessment as well as a grade point average (GPA) equivalent evaluation with an official transcript. The evaluation must be NACES approved member, such as World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates. Credit is dependent on the evaluation and the Registrar’s Office cannot evaluate credit prior to receiving the evaluation.
Georgia Institute of Technology does not accept credit from any International Summer Programs. If you have questions about your international transfer institution contact email@example.com .