A graduate student uses this form to request a change of major or level.
Graduate Studies requires the Change of Level/Major form to be completed in DocuSign.
Complete the document with all required information:
- Your current major advisor or department coordinator must approve the document first.
- Please complete information if you are changing your major (purposed major), adding a secondary major (second graduate degree or a adding a master's degree to the PhD), or removing a major.
- Search the DocuSign Address Book (gray icon in recipient field) to find the correct @gatech.edu format email addresses for the intended recipients.
- If you are not using one of the recipient fields, follow the prompts to remove.
- After adding the appropriate DocuSign recipients, click SEND. You are the first recipient and can work within your DocuSign account or you can use the emailed document link to add information to the document.
- Complete the form with the required information for the degree, level, department, sign the form and select FINISH. This will automatically route the form to your current major advisor/department coordinator you listed to sign.
- In your DocuSign account, you can follow the forms process through signatures and if necessary correct recipients or void the signing transaction at a later date.
- Please allow 3 to 7 business days to see the requested change on your student record.
- Contact your current advisor or Graduate Studies if you need assistance completing the form.
Updated June 2020