Make sure all program information is up-to-date. For example, if you are a PhD student, but applying for a Master's "along the way," you must officially declare the Master's program as a secondary major. For more information, and the form needed to officially update your program on record, go to the Forms page.
After your application is submitted, your advisor will complete the 1st audit and Degree Certification will conduct the 2nd audit on your application. Below is a breakdown of the timing of the two audits:
- First Audit - completed by your academic advisor will began 1-2 weeks after Phase II closes.
- Second Audit - completed by the Registrar's Office. We will review your record while working with your academic advisor. (Note: if after this Audit, there are deficiencies on your status that cannot be resolved with final grades (such as Low GPA), then you will be inactivated as a degree candidate, and required to apply again for the next semester)
- Inactivation Date - approximately one month before Commencement
- Final Audit - Tuesday following Commencement
- Degrees Awarded - Thursday following Commencement
To view your degree status, login to DegreeWorks. Near the top of your audit, under a section titled "Student View," you will see a field "Graduation Status." The text that appears in that field is your current degree status.
Often, graduate students will have "Multiple Deficiencies," as seen in the screenshot below.
In this case, please scroll down and look at the bottom of the degree audit for further explanation. There, you will see specifically what deficiencies constitute the "Multiple Deficiencies" seen above.
Please remember that your status will change throughout the semester, depending on updates, grade and registration changes, etc. Always check your status periodically, and connect with your advisor if there are any questions. Additionally, it is wise to look at the bottom of y our audit, in case there are any notes placed on by your advisor or Degree Certification.
How to Apply
In order to graduate from Georgia Tech, a student must first submit an application for graduation. This video tutorial shows how to use the Online Application for Graduation (OAG).