Legal Name Change

A name change requires a signed, completed request form and an original or notarized copy of one of the following documents.

  • Birth Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Marriage License
  • Court Ordered Name Change
  • Social Security Card
  • *A passport is not acceptable documentation.*

Requests are generally processed within 2 business days of submission. The request and documentation should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar in room 104 of the Tech Tower (Administration Building) or mailed to:

Georgia Institute of Technology  
Office of the Registrar  
Student Records  
Atlanta, GA 30332-0315