The Leave of Absence policy does not supercede any other policy. For example, students who need to withdraw or petition to withdraw from a given term must follow that procedure. Students who are ineligible to return to Georgia Tech may not seek a Leave of Absence as a way to address that status.
Complete the document with all required information:
- Your current major advisor or department coordinator must approve the document first. You must identify this person in the "Approver at School or College" recipient fields.
- Search the DocuSign Address Book (gray icon in recipient field) to find the correct @gatech.edu format email addresses for the intended recipient. Click SEND after choosing the intended recipient.
- Complete the form with the required information. Be sure to correctly state the term(s) for which leave is requested and the anticipated term for your return.
- Use the file attachment field to provide supplemental documentation regarding your reason for requesting a leave of absence.
- Sign the form and select FINISH. This will automatically route the form to the person you identified as your major advisor or department coordinator.
- In your DocuSign account, you can follow the forms progress through the approval workflow or void the form at a later date.
- Please allow 7-14 business days for a review of your application by the Dean of Students and Registrar’s Office.
- Contact the Registrar's Office if you need assistance completing the form.
Important information for any student taking a leave of absence:
- You will have no access to campus facilities or service during the leave of absence period.
- You are advised to make arrangements for health care coverage during the leave of absence period.
To access the PDF file outside of DocuSign, click here.
Updated June 2020