The deadline to submit an application for a leave of absence for the Spring 2021 semester is December 11, 2020.
The Leave of Absence policy does not supercede any other policy. For example, students who need to withdraw or petition to withdraw from a given term must follow that procedure. Students who are ineligible to return to Georgia Tech may not seek a Leave of Absence as a way to address that status.
Complete the document with all required information:
- Your current major advisor or department coordinator must approve the document first. You must identify this person in the "Approver at School or College" recipient fields.
- Search the DocuSign Address Book (gray icon in recipient field) to find the correct @gatech.edu format email addresses for the intended recipient. Click SEND after choosing the intended recipient.
- Complete the form with the required information. Be sure to correctly state the term(s) for which leave is requested and the anticipated term for your return.
- Use the file attachment field to provide supplemental documentation regarding your reason for requesting a leave of absence.
- Sign the form and select FINISH. This will automatically route the form to the person you identified as your major advisor or department coordinator.
- In your DocuSign account, you can follow the forms progress through the approval workflow or void the form at a later date.
- Please allow 7-14 business days for a review of your application by the Dean of Students and Registrar’s Office.
- Contact the Registrar's Office if you need assistance completing the form.
Important information for any student taking a leave of absence:
- You will have no access to campus facilities or service during the leave of absence period.
- You are advised to make arrangements for health care coverage during the leave of absence period.
To access the PDF file outside of DocuSign, click here.
Updated October 2020