Understanding How to Export Grades from the Banner Faculty Grade Entry (FGE) Module
Grades for class rosters can be exported from the Banner Faculty Grade Entry (FGE) module using the options in the Tools menu.
The module includes a wizard for guiding users through the process of exporting. The files exported from the module are spreadsheet files in Microsoft Excel's ".xls" or ".xlsx" format. These files are designated as "Read Only" at first, but they can be saved using the "Save As" command and then renamed, allowing editing.
Selecting a Course for which to Export Grades from the Banner Faculty Grade Entry (FGE) Module
- Select the Midterm Grades or Final Grades tab.
- Select a Course from the list of gradable courses.
- Select the Export Template option from the Tools menu.
- To increase the number of records shown, adjust the "Per Page" selector.
Exporting Grades from the Banner Faculty Grade Entry (FGE) Module
- Select the export file type as Excel (.xls or .xlsx). Then click "Export."
- Open the file in the default application: Microsoft Excel.
The default file name uses the term code, subject, course number, section number, and "_Template."
For example: 201802_Biomedical Engineering_2210_Template.xls
- Review the exported date in the spreadsheet file.
The file is "read only." You can use the "Save As" command and rename the file in order to edit it. Do not change the student ID.