Tag: Academic Services

 Displaying 16 - 20 of 50

Transfer Credit at the Graduate Level

A student may not apply for transfer credit until after matriculation at Georgia Tech. The courses to be transferred would typically be those appearing on the approved program of study form for the masters degree. A doctoral student normally does not request transfer credit. The rules relative to and the process for obtaining transfer of credit for graduate-level courses are published in the Catalog.

Transfer Credit at the Undergraduate Level

The basic policy regarding the acceptance of courses by transfer is to allow credit for courses completed with satisfactory grades ("C" or better) at other accredited colleges and universities in the United States and Canada, provided the courses correspond in time and content to courses offered at Georgia Tech.

Advanced Standing


  1. Students who offer satisfactory evidence that they are qualified to do so may receive credit for a course by examination. Such an examination is called an examination for advanced standing.
  2. Examinations for advanced standing require the recommendation of the department of instruction in which the course is offered, payment of the appropriate fee to the Bursar's office, and authorization by the registrar.
  3. Examinations for advanced standing will ordinarily be offered during the week of final examinations.

Transfer Credit Information

In order to receive transfer credit for a course, you must submit an official transcript to the Transfer Credit Office at the following address:

Transfer Credit Evaluation Site

This course evaluation request website is intended for current undergraduate Georgia Tech students and applicants that need courses evaluated for credit, initial transfer, or admissibility.


Graduate students and graduate-level applicants do not use this site. Instead, they should consult the "Graduate Policies and Regulations" page of the Catalog for guidance.


Graduate Policies and Regulations